Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Research is Fun (Especially When It Involves Watching Movies)

I’ve now officially watched three out of the six movies I could find on Bloody Mary, “Urban Legends” being one of them. I don’t know if any of you have seen this, but it’s your typical cheesy horror movie, more laughable than scary. Which was great for me because I scare easily. I’m the kind of girl that has to buy a clear shower curtain for fear of Norman Bates or the decrepit lady from “The Shining” showing up. Bloody Mary has always freaked me out for the fear of looking into a mirror and seeing a psycho in the reflection next to me. What is that??? It works every time in the movies. They’re causally washing their face, they look up, BAM! Someone is in the mirror next to them. CREEPY! To be honest, so far my research has been more fun than really hunkering down and finding out the facts. I’ve found some websites that tell basics, or other people’s experiences, but it’s just so hard to tell if the people are telling the truth or just telling stories. The one thing about the human condition: If you don’t experience it yourself, you tend not to believe it, and everyone is guilty of that. My job on this paper is to keep an open mind and not dismiss every thing, even though my nature tells me too. If it hadn’t been for my “Mary” experience as a child, I would never take any of this kind of thing seriously. I’m listing a bunch of links on my links page on helpful sites, some just informative, some personal stories, and some just ridiculous, but I thought I’d give a variety☺

1 comment:

youngleon said...

go onto my blog www.leonward@blogspot.com